09 October, 2015

REVIEW: HEIR OF FIRE by Sarah J. Maas


Title: Heir of Fire
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #3
Genres: YA, Romance, Fantasy
Publisher: Bloomsbury U.S.A. Children's Books
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 562

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: Celaena Sardothien has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak—but at an unspeakable cost. Now she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth...a truth about her heritage that could change her life—and her future—forever.

Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. To defeat them, Celaena must find the strength to not only fight her inner demons but to battle the evil that is about to be unleashed.

The king's assassin takes on an even greater destiny and burns brighter than ever before in this follow-up to the New York Times bestselling Crown of Midnight.


Yes yes yes it is time for more Celeana!





THE WORLD: So in this book we travel to Wendlyn, the kingdom where magic is still alive and very much at use. Celeana is on the mission to fins Maeve but to be granted permission to enter Doranelle she has to master he magic among the demi-fae (not full breed fae). In a meantime there are also some things happening in Adarlan and The Gap where the witches gather. It is an amazing world full of magic, fae and just pure awesomeness!

CHARACTERS: Celeana aka Aelin really grows in this book, she comes to Wendlyn broken and on the edge of giving up completely but leaves it a strong princess who is out for revenge! I have to admit, in the beginning reading about whiny Celeana was a little bit too much for my taste, I hate how she blames herself for all the evil int he world. But then she met Rowan...rrrr.....the immortal fae warrior who is hot hot hot and helps her train and well..Celeana really becomes the princess! It just makes you shiver reading how strong she becomes, how she handles Maeve and takes Rowan as her first member of Terassen court! It was so so good I am rather out of words here!

In Adarlan, we still read about Chaol and Dorian. Chaol is still the knight of my heart and he does everything to help Celeana and Dorian. Man of true heart! I love you Chaol, please save me from the evil in the world! But Dorian, on the other hand, oh he is no longer a little puppy who needs protection, I love how he grows, how he changes...in the end of the book Chaol declares him as a true king and I agree, Dorian is worthy of that title, he really becomes a real king! And then we have a new character introduced to us - Aedion. At first glance you hate him but then...oh then you get to know him and absolutely fall for him. He is like Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl!

Additionally, we get to read a side story in this book concentrating on Manon, the ironteeth witch. At first you do not like her and frankly I did not understand why she was even in the book. But then...once again Sarah J. Maas does it! In the end you just start loving her! And it all makes sense and you are just so happy you got to read about her!



LOVE: It was just so good! No more love triangles! In this book it is all about Celeana growing herself and Chaol loving her eternally. My heart is glowing pink!

PLUS: The fact that I had a chance to read this book is already a huge plus to my life! It was purely amazing and I am really struggling here with words! Everything in this book was just perfection!

EXTRA: I have QoS on my shelf but I think I will wait a few days for my heart to calm down as I have heard it will be even more amazing which is my dear readers is just not humanly possible!



EXTRA II: I have British and American covers and I know many people love British covers more but I have to admit, when it comes to Throne of Glass series I love American covers more! They are just much more colorful!

What do you guys think about HEIR OF FIRE?