19 December, 2015

SERIES SATURDAY: Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien


Series Saturday is a new meme created by us to introduce readers to new amazing series we love as well as just fangirl about them! 

So today's spotlight:

Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

Here we have another dystopian trilogy almost nobody knows about but they should because they're good and I get sad when good books don't have a fandom :(

Ah, before we get into it I would like to remind you that while you're reading this I will be on my way to Spain and that I won't be able to post barely anything. Everything is cued. I won't reply to comments either but I swear I will check everything you say everyday and then reply when I come back in early January. Love you guys!

Birthmarked book blurb
IN THE ENCLAVE, YOUR SCARS SET YOU APART, and the newly born will change the future.
In the future, in a world baked dry by the harsh sun, there are those who live inside the walled Enclave and those, like sixteen-year-old Gaia Stone, who live outside. Following in her mother's footsteps Gaia has become a midwife, delivering babies in the world outside the wall and handing a quota over to be "advanced" into the privileged society of the Enclave. Gaia has always believed this is her duty, until the night her mother and father are arrested by the very people they so loyally serve. Now Gaia is forced to question everything she has been taught, but her choice is simple: enter the world of the Enclave to rescue her parents, or die trying.
A stunning adventure brought to life by a memorable heroine, this dystopian debut will have readers racing all the way to the dramatic finish.
Caragh is not a well-known author but this trilogy, at least, is worth it. I love the first book and it's on my favorites (by the way the other cover, the very first edition is cooler). In case you see the stars on Goodreads, I had more issues with the second and the third books but not because they were bad! I was just really mad that it didn't end the way I wanted to... hehe after reading the first book I had already made a plot in my mind and I had an ending so then when I read them and saw that it took a somewhat different *darker* path I just couldn't process it. So give the books a chance, do not be fooled by the rating.

Does it sound good? Will you make a time slot on your busy schedule to read these?

Our reviews:
Birthmarked
(I still need to post the other two reviews)

What do you think about Birthmarked trilogy? Have you read it? Fangirling time!!!