04 March, 2016

REVIEW: EVERMORE by Alyson Noel

Title: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noel
Series: The Immortals #1
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Source: Library Physical copy
Pages: 301

// Add to GoodReads //

BLURB: After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact to suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school — but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head - wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is - or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.

 
So I have a few young adult books of same time on my TBR list from like five years ago and I am giving a try to all of them recently to just see if I would still be interested of if I should just delete them from the list.


 
THE WORLD: Just like we know it except for some supernatural creatures such as ghosts and immortals. Yeah, that is pretty much it.

CHARACTERS: The main character in this book is Ever. Yes, an interesting choice for a name but oh well. She was recently in the accident where all her family died and so she now lives with her aunt. So the Ever that was before the accident is gone, pretty and popular cheerleader is now a sad emo girl with her hoodies up her head all the time. But do not worry, that does not last long. And I must admit, despite her emoness I like Ever. I mean okay not all the time, her whole drinking thing was a little bit out of it but yeah, I am guilty as charged. She just has that something that appeals to me. Maybe her blonde hair...dunno but it is how it is :D Anyways, so Ever is about the only character I like in this book. Oh okay no, I also like her ghostly little sister. She is just a funny little thing which helps the author to show actual Ever. So jup, Ever and Riley are good things in this book. Then we have this bad boy who's mane I do not even remember. Seriously, I just do not care at all about the dude. And of course them we have an evil female who is jealous of Ever for dude lover her. Basically, blah blah we all know how these characters are. This whole story reminded me of the TV version The Vampire Diaries. 

LOVE: Ever is the dude's one true love but evil female comes along and hell breaks lose. We all heard of this story million of times.

PLUS: As I said, I liked Ever to the point where I am going to continue with the series. I do not care about the rest of the characters but Ever is my baby girl :D

MINUS: The six pack bad boy dude. Whaaaaaat. Don't care. Could maybe die, that would be great.

OVERALL: So this book is not great. It is also not unique. I have no idea what I loved about it so much. But one thing is clear - I am super excited to read the second book!



 


What did you think of EVERMORE?