11 March, 2016

REVIEW: THE ONE by Kiera Cass

Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection #3
Genres: YA, Science Fiction, Romance
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Kindle Edition
Pages: 323

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.
LAURA'S REVIEW
Woop woop! The last book about Maxon's selection! My expectations consisted in one thing only... happy ending, specially for my ship Maxerica (Maxon and America)


THE WORLD: Same as in the first book.

CHARACTERS: Mainly America Singer, who is a Five and ends up as one of the selected girls to compete for Maxon's heart and later on marry him and being a queen. A great deal, basically. So in The One the originally thirty-five selected girls are down to six if I'm not mistaken (I read it a long time ago) and thank goodness America realizes that this is it, if she wants Maxon she has to go for it, crush the competition... finally no more love triangle with Aspen! Now America has to decide and does what she does. Yas! Also Maxon, although a bit irritating at times, does everything he can to win America over because he has also decided he wants to marry her and only her. Yas! 

PLUS: One word. If you want to know the end go ahead and read, if not I recommend you to stop now that you can. Don't look at the next word: MAXERICA ♥

MINUS: I didn't find any. There was a happy ending for most of the characters... sure there was also drama and some loses since they're fighting the rebels but... oh well.

OVERALL: Yas! Thumbs up! Great ending. Kiera definitely redeemed herself after The Elite fiasco (that's only my opinion) so definitely recommended whether you liked the second one or not.





HANNAHCASSIE'S REVIEW
So I liked The Selection and The Elite was pretty annoying but I was looking forward to the final book in America's story all the same.


THE WORLD: Nothing new really, we are still pretty much stuck in the castle.

CHARACTERS: I had a huge problem with the main character America in the second book and even so that did not go away completely it DID get better. She kinda finally stopped being all whinny and making that one decision of who does she loves. Sorta is the key word. But oh well, I have learned very early that America might be all amazing in the eyes of Maxon but to me she is lacking brain. Frankly, I just do not care for her much. I just don't. Then we have two males Maxon and Aspen. So remember I hated Aspen in first and second books? Well that did not change. And the whole his story ending was just...what? Completely forced. But same happened in the first book really so no surprise there. And Maxon...well...again another character I did not care much for. Frankly I don't know. For me the whole big scene with rebels was probably the best thing that happened in this book. I mean omg I was so sad for Celeste, I rather liked her. And Queen Amberly...my favorite. Ah. Shame. 

PLUS: This series is super easy to read and you do not have to care much for it. I think these books would be prefect when you are under stress during exams and need to sorta get your brain out of studying for a bit.

MINUS: The ending. What was that? So what happened to other rebels? Heh? I was sooooo disappointed. Blah just blah.

OVERALL: So I read all three books and in the end all I can say is that well...meh. It is sorta when you are just watching some mindless movie and when it's over you just forget it. That is how I feel about this trilogy. But yeah...gonna read The Heir and The Crown, got so far so why not.






What did you think about THE ONE?