14 January, 2017

Saturday Tag



Happy Monday friends! It's yet another Saturday and we are meeting for yet another fun and cool Saturday tag!

Today I am joined by HannahCassie and together we will complete this fun tag:

MY LIFE IN BOOKS
  
Today we will be answering life related questions in terms of book titles on our shelves!  

Oh boy, here it goes!


My life in Books - Martyna
 
1. Find a book for each of your initials:

M - ME BEFORE YOU by Jojo Moyes


J - JANE EYE by Charlotte Bronte

2 . Count your age along your bookshelf: What book is it?

The Master & Margarita by Michail Bulgakov



3. Pick a book set in your city/country:

Between Shades Gray by Ruta Sepetys

My home country is Lithuania, and this is partially in and about Lithuania


 4. Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to:

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 

This book contains all the places I want to go to: Italy, India and Bali.


5. Pick a book that’s your favorite colour:

Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly

 My favorite color is lilac, so I haven't actually red this one, but this book is about a French, a Polish and a German women during WWII.


6. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?

Harry Potter Series by J.K.Rowling

I mean no one will ever be able to top this!


7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading? 

 War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy

 I listened to an audiobook, and I think the translation made this book difficult for me.


8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?

Dragon fly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #2)

I don't know why I can't just sit down and finish it. I mean I know why, what events happened it make me not pick it up, I promise I will finish this!


My life in Books - HannahCassie


 1. Find a book for each of your initials:

H - HARRY POTTER by J. K. Rowling


G - GREAT EXPECTATIONS by Charles Dickens



2 . Count your age along your bookshelf: What book is it?

GEMINA by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman




3. Pick a book set in your city/country:

I do not really read books set in Germany because it is always too black and white. I suppose I did read Book Thief but that book is as much set in actual Germany as I can fly. So yeah. I also have read Biography of Adolf Hitler but that is Austria/Germany setting too, same as Night in Lisbon by Remarque. Sorry, I guess no books for Germany yet.


 4. Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to:


Other dimensions is the only destination I would give anything to travel to.


5. Pick a book that’s your favorite color:

SALT TO THE SEA by Ruta Sepetys

Blue blue blue always blue!

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins



Because I always fancy myself some pink.


6. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?

  


ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER by Mark Twain

It was not my first book but I read it around the age of 8 or 9 and I still remember how amazed I was. I actually also still remember the things I imagined as if I have watched a movie.


VAMPIRE DAIRIES by L.J. Smith

I read the series before any of my friends did so I was pretty alone in the fandom. Somehow I ended up online on the roleplay website where I ended up making my first friends from abroad. Also I remember my family and I were on a skiing trip and I was not feeling well one evening so they went shopping without me. I stayed home in bed with Vampire Diaries, we lived in a house made of wood and fireplace. It somehow is a memory full of magic.


SOOKIE STACKHOUSE by Charlaine Harris

I have no memory when I have read the first book but I was part of an amazing group of people who all met online on the fandom website and we are still friends till today. Reading Sookie always reminds me of them. Also, Sookie is a simple and lovable girl, I love how when I read about her my every day problems get a totally new perspective. It is one of my favorite series today.


7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading? 



THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I have read Dostoyevsky in school and absolutely adored his writing. However when later in college I picked up Brothers Karamazov I found myself struggling to even get through one page.


8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?



VAMPIRE CHRONICLES by Anne Rice

Number of series that lead me to the group of people I love and am close to till this day. It has been more than ten years since I started this series and the day I will finish Pandora is going to be the day when I feel like I have accomplished one of my life goals. So far I have read four books and had to DNF the fifth. However, I am almost ready to go and pick up book six!



We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did  while doing it. Let us know what would your life look like in books!