11 March, 2017

Saturday Tag



Welcome dear readers, to yet another Saturday Tag, where the fun never stops!

Today HannahCassie and I will complete this fun tag:

EPIC READS BOOK TAG

  


Martyna's Epic Reads


1. IF YOU COULD INVITE ONE AUTHOR AND THEIR FICTIONAL CHARACTERS TO TEA, WHO WOULD YOU INVITE AND WHAT WOULD YOU SERVE THEM? 


Jane Austen and her entire carriage of characters: Lizzie Bennet, Mr. Darcy, Annie Elliott, Captain Wentworth and so mant other wonderful characters!

I'd serve tea probably :D


2. WHAT BOOK WOULD YOU LIKE A PREQUEL FOR?


A Song of Ice & Fire. I think the prequel to these books would be beyond amazing!

 3. WHICH TWO CHARACTERS (not from the same book) DO YOU THINK WOULD MAKE A GOOD COUPLE? 



Katniss Everdeen and Jon Snow. Both gave up everything for family, both fighters, survivors, both deep emotional people.


 4. IF YOU RAN INTO YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR ON THE TRAIN AND COULD ONLY SAY ONE SENTENCE TO THEM, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? 


If I ran into Jane Austen I would just smile and nod. I  think she would understand. If I saw Ruta Sepetys, I would come by and say Thank you. And with Stephen King I'd just hug him :D


5. WHAT BOOK MADE YOU A READER AND WHY? 


Stephen King  Carrie. I had difficulty to learn reading but when I did, library was like my number one friend. I used to go there couple of times in a week, cause lived kind of far and my parent couldn't give me a ride so I would go in take a bunch of books and then return after I read them all to return and take new ones :)

I was also the kid who lets just say didn't have a lot of friends. I was not treated in the kindest way in school so I immediately identified with Carrie. I understood the pain and the confusion this character was coming from.


6. YOUR BOOKSHELF JUST CAUGHT ON FIRE! WHAT ONE BOOK DO YOU SAVE AND WHY? 


Great Expectations. I have a hardcover copy of this book that was published in 1920. It's read and beyond beautiful! And this is one of my favorite books of all times!


7. WHAT DYSTOPIAN WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO LIVE IN IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE ONE AND WHY?


I have only read first book of the Hunger Games, and in all honesty I really cannot remember it, maybe I should read it again....Anyway, I have watched the movies and if the world in the books is like in the movie I would choose to live in this one. I am not the person who has read a lot of dystopian novels but I think I'd have to go with The Hunger Games world.

 8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EPIC READ OF ALL TIME? 


Outlander I think. Just because it touched so many topics and ideas and I literally couldn't sleep after I started this book. I mean a lot of books have had influence on me and I had changed one way or another after reading it but Outlander is the pick here, hands down!


HannahCassie's Epic Reads


1. IF YOU COULD INVITE ONE AUTHOR AND THEIR FICTIONAL CHARACTERS TO TEA, WHO WOULD YOU INVITE AND WHAT WOULD YOU SERVE THEM? 

George R.R. Martin and his A Song of Ice and Fire characters, well most of them at least. And I think we would be drinking red wine.




2. WHAT BOOK WOULD YOU LIKE A PREQUEL FOR?

Hunger Games. I simply never accepted that it's only three books.




 3. WHICH TWO CHARACTERS (not from the same book) DO YOU THINK WOULD MAKE A GOOD COUPLE? 

I had to go through my Goodreads to realize that I actually do not know an answer for this question. Every time I start thinking that maybe it just ends up being too weird. So I think I will stick with the couple we already have. 


 4. IF YOU RAN INTO YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR ON THE TRAIN AND COULD ONLY SAY ONE SENTENCE TO THEM, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? 

So as you know I have many favorite authors but yeah... J.R.R. Tolkien. And I would say
'Queni yar ranyar ullumë vanwë umir.'
But if we are talking about today and as we all sadly know Tolkien is not alive anymore then maybe Jay Kristoff, he is not my most favorite author but recently he gave me words that I will keep in my heart forever and these are the words I would say him back
'The books we love, they love us back.'



5. WHAT BOOK MADE YOU A READER AND WHY? 

Lord of the Rings for sure. I got these books from library pretty early in my teens and just felt in love so much that my mom got me all four (yes Hobit is part of LOTR to me) for my sweet sixteen. I actually had made myself a big wall Tolkien calendar and was even learning elvish languages online. Obsessed a bit... :D


6. YOUR BOOKSHELF JUST CAUGHT ON FIRE! WHAT ONE BOOK DO YOU SAVE AND WHY? 

I refuse to think such horrible thoughts. Do you want me to have nightmares? Let's just say if I had to give all my books away and only could keep one it would be Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I felt in love with it in highschool and bought myself a hardcopy which I have been taking with me to every place I move ever since. 




7. WHAT DYSTOPIAN WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO LIVE IN IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE ONE AND WHY?

Dytopian world are so sad and depressing most of the time but if I must go to one I would go to Divergent world simply so I could be Erudite. 



 8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EPIC READ OF ALL TIME? 

Alright so I am repeating myself here a lot but yeah what is more epic than Lord of The rings? 




We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did  while doing it. Let us know what would be your answers to all there fun questions!