08 July, 2017

Saturday Tag



Welcome dear readers, to yet another Saturday Tag, where the fun never stops!

Today I am joined by HannahCassie and together we will complete this fun tag:

The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

One day I was going through BookTube and I found this super funny and amazing Tag!
I just knew we had to do it as well!
So join us in the crazy fun journey!
Also you can check the original here



Martyna's Pleasing Books


1.Best color combo on a book cover

 

These three books, at the present moment are the best color combo that comes to mind. At the moment I am very into dark, deep colors and this mystical vibe - white hands, black background and something for a color accent. Love it! And of course Little Women! This cover is so beautiful I want to cry! To me it totally represents the essence of the book!

2. Best typography/font on a book cover





Hands down! Every time I see those curves on the letters I know tears and mischief is evolved!

3. Best simple cover


I fell in love with this book and with this cover! It is so unique, the color play with each other, and white kind of invites you in and the red just screams at you! So simple, yet so effective!

4. Best map



Either the map from A Song of Ice and Fire or the map from Salt the the Sea. I really enjoy maps and just realizing where the plot takes place and the characters live.

5. Best naked hardback



I actually had to search for this a little bit. I actually own most of paperbacks but I have seen this one in a library once.

6. Best back cover



I saw this book in a library, this cover I mean and I am determined to get it! I am just simply in love with this cover of Outlander and I shall not rest until it sleeps next to me!!!!

7. Best chapter headers



Do I even need to say more?

8. Best illustrations


I don't have books with illustration in them apart from one. I own a 1920 edition of Great Expectations, and that book has 8 illustrations in it. And I adore them!

9. Best spine



I adore these Penguin Editions! They are so cute and adorable and I own few of them already and I just love having one in my hands!

10. Favorite cover on your shelves



This edition! I look at it every day and smile and I couldn't be happier to have such a beautiful book!





HannahCassie's Pleasing Books


1.Best color combo on a book cover


A Thousand Pieces of You was my cover notice which ended up being one of my favorite books and We Are Okay I read pretty much because of the cover, ended up loving it as well. Blue, purple and light pink are my favorite colours. 



2. Best typography/font on a book cover



I think Harry Potter font is gonna be famous forever. 


3. Best simple cover



Uprooted has many covers but this one is my favorite, this is also the one I own.

4. Best map



So when it comes to maps in books I don't care for them to be honest too, I will look at it once and never again. But Shadow and Bone trilogy had this changing map which I did analyse rather a lot.


5. Best naked hardback



Omnibook of Morganville Vampires, it has very nice letters on black when you take off the dust jacket.


6. Best back cover


Okay so once again I come up empty here, I have no idea about book back covers, I never look at them. I just know that I don't like when there is no clear blurb and only thoughts of other famous authors, do not care about that part at all.


7. Best chapter headers



So when it comes to books I rarely pay attention to graphics, but once again I do remember chapter headers from Shadow and Bone, they looked pretty.


8. Best illustrations



I don't really think I need to comment here.


9. Best spine



I looked at my shelves for a few long moment till I finally decided to go with Romanovs. I just really like this colour, it stands out.


10. Favorite cover on your shelves



Because this was a total cover buy.


And because these covers look absolutely gorgeous!





We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did while doing it. Let us know what is your aesthetically pleasing books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment